Join thirty-five agencies, studios, shops and workspaces for the Southwest Open Houses on Wednesday, 4/18 from 4:00–7:00pm! This is just a sampling of the activities on offer!
• Canoe will showcase new fashion and collaborative home accessory designs by Adam Arnold, with a presentation at 5:00pm
• Advertising agency, Borders Perrin Norrander, will serve up beer, wine, Puerto Rican appetizers, and play carnival style games with guests in their office arcade
• Emerge Interactive will share their Accessibility App, with an imperative to frame digital inclusion/accessibility as design challenge to engage teams
• FINE will invite guests to swing on their suspended chair, enjoy a bubbly beverage from the traveling bar cart, munch on sensational snacks, and make new friends
• Hennebery Eddy Architects will explore resilient design, sharing the basics on building codes, showing examples of design-forward resilient structures, and helping folks start their own disaster preparedness kit
• Housed in the former Oregonian building, SRG Partnership will give tours of their collaborative kitchen and “projects pods,” elements of sustainability and biophilic design, and custom-designed furniture
• Textile Hive will provide an overview of their 40,000 textile collection, and share their passion to preserve it through immersive physical and digital experiences
Plan your Southwest itinerary with the full list here!
You can also start planning for Thursday’s Northeast/North Open Houses.